Monday, March 7, 2011

Please Hurry!...


(Pictured above: Little A enjoying the spring like weather Kansas teased us with) This morning all I could think about was the phrase, "please hurry up spring!" Mostly because I woke up with a scratchy throat and stuffy ears and little A has had a snotty nose the passed three days and coughs every morning due to drainage. E, has had a rough winter too and is sick about every other week with some kind of cold. So, Spring, you're only 13 days away an your good buddy The Groundhog told us you were on your way, please don't be late!



Speaking of please hurry... VoilĂ ! Here it is! One of the boxy pouches I'm making as a gift to you guys for following my blog! Let me tell you, they're cute but they're not perfect, I'm not a professional seamstress! But they are handmade! Just send me an email (tabbysorangemarbles@hotmail.com) or send me a message on FB and let me know where you want me to send your gifty! And also, thank you for following! :-)


Another VoilĂ ! This is a baby quilt I made at the last minute before a baby shower. It took me 7 1/2- 8 hours to make! It is only 25"x25". We were planning to go to the shower at 2 but little A took her nap from 11:30-1:45 and woke up with a snotty nose, so we didn't want to risk going and giving whatever this might be to anyone else. But it is finished, laundered, and ready to be giving away!



March is national craft month! I do some kind of at least once a day anyway but now I have an extra excuse to give E when he asks me what I'm doing. It's for National Craft Month! Duh! Silly husband! But it also doesn't give me any excuse not to finish my brother's Christmas present. That's Christmas '10 not '11. So that's my goal for this month. Seeing as how there only 50 more rows until it's finished it's a very achievable goal.


I've been quilting a lot more than crocheting recently and I've been missing it. Another of my goals for this craft month is to do some cleaning of my yarn stash, the upstairs closet is full of half used and new skeins of yarn and it's a little embarassing because there is SO MUCH YARN! Everywhere! It's a yarn-catastrophe! You may think I'm joking or exaggerating, but I'm really not. So keep me accountable!


But anyway, I know, I really know!, I've been promising a tutorial for crochet so look for that in the next few days. Because it's really coming! Pinky swear! Until then, enjoy a photo of little A enjoying her first dum-dum sucker.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!