Sunday, February 13, 2011

A First for a First


My baby girl A's birthday was this passed Friday and I made her this quilt for her birthday. This was my first quilt and I wanted to give it to the most important person in my life. Next to my husband, of course. It's not perfect but it's perfect for A. She carries it around with her, hugs it, runs her hands over it, and smiles everytime she sees it. Nothing makes me happier than to know that she loves it almost as much as I do!
She also got her first baby doll from her Grandpa, who shares her birthday, from the American Girl store at the mall. She tottled into the store (because it's the first store on the left as you enter the mall) and the ladies all jumped to help the beautiful birthday girl. Her shirt proudly said, "Birthday Girl," on the front with her name and the number 1 on the back. Grandpa asked her which doll she might want and the ladies showed us the "Bitty Baby" dolls. The first one she picked up looked just like her, had blue eyes, reddish hair, and pouty lips (like the ones she got from her dad). It was almost creepy.
Her grandpa, without skipping a beat, said, "we'll take one." My dad loves little A so much. Grandpa/granddaughter love is such a sweet love indeed and even her Papa (E's dad) has that same sweetness with her, but in a different in a way. Grandpa secretly hid his birthday from the public at the mall until I told whoever wished A "happy birthday" that he turned 50 today, the day she turned 1. How special is that?
We all had a great day on Friday and a great weekend. Happy first birthday, Little A!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!