Monday, February 21, 2011

Feet and Stashes


So this is my fourth time writing this blog post. The first three times were on Blogger+, which is a completely worthless app for the iPhone! It works great, in theory, but if you actually want to use it to post your blog don't hold your breath! Because you'll die! But besides that, it was a pretty good week. I got new summer socks! I'm a HUGE fan of socks, E gets me new socks for Christmas every year and they're probably my favorite present. But I did lose track of my days and thought I was a week ahead. I was pretty glad to get that week back.


The other day I went to Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite places, and stocked up on some fabrics for a new project. I can't tell you anything about my newest project because it's a secret, a present for my niece for her birthday. I don't quite know how E feels about another crafty stash hanging around the house, I think he has a mental block about the whole thing. He gets the garage for all of his goodies and I get, well I get the whole house, save the kitchen and upstairs living room.


I'm working on a few projects that I can't reveal yet because I don't want the persons they're intended for to see them. So I supplemented a picture of little A laying on Tonka's dog bed with her quilt and my pillow. The one project is for a friend of mine for her baby shower and the other is for my brother for Christmas '10. He's a patient guy, but I promise it's worth the wait! My favorite part about gifting home/handmade gifts is the reaction of the person receiving the gift. I made E a huge granny square afghan for our bedroom in our favorite colors and he got teary eyed when he opened it. Don't tell him I told you!


There it is! For your viewing pleasure. It's extra large and fits perfect on our king size bed.


Another thing I'm super excited for is the change of weather. When it changes so do my shoes. Summer is flip-flops or no shoes if I can help it, fall is chucks until about November-ish because my feet get so cold, winter I wear my boots, and once the weather starts turning spring like I switch back to my chucks. This particular pair has been a work in progress for about two years now. Those of you who wear or have worn chucks know they take a little time to be exactly what you hoped they would be.

Well, that's about it for now. Next week I'll try to have a reveal of something to treat your eyes, and next Saturday is little A's first birthday party, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!