Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's in the Basket

Hello! How are you today? We're about to melt because of our heat wave. I've lost track of how many days and degrees. But I think it's better that way because it would probably depress me if I thought about it too much. But is it fall yet? Today we went and got tires for my car and went walking around in the old Metcalf South mall.


Wearing my little Alyssa in the purple ring sling. Thankfully she slept most the time. And Amelia had to be refueled with sugar twice as to not have a sleep-deprived inducing meltdown.


She was just waking up when I snapped this. Sleepy little eyes. I didn't get any pictures of Amelia this trip. We were too busy trying to distract her from how tired she was. Of course she crashed big time on the way home. We're fighting crying jags from both of our tired girls right now. And as luck would have it, as we were leaving I realized there's a Hancock Fabrics right next to the mall! And guess what I got?


NEW YARN! Oh, joy! And a picture of Mabel's butt... It's so hot I didn't have the heart to make her move just for the shot.


Beautiful, rich colors from Bernat. It's Bernat Great Value yarn. It's 3.99$, just like I Love This Yarn. But I got it for 30% off because of some sale they're having. It's 100% acrylic but oh so soft. Not silky soft like ILTY, but soft. No where near any likeness to Red Heart super saver yarn.


I'm also making a little stroller blankie in different colors with the same yarn. This is the ripple I started because I missed the rippling rippleness of my ripple blanket.


I just want to roll around on the floor with it! And pet it, rub it against my cheek. I've never staged a yarn photo shoot before but I was so excited. I dunno why though. I love new yarn.


And I put it in my project basket! Yay for a new project for the basket! But there's a problem. I got the colors and especially the white because I thought I was going to make a granny square blanket, but as we were driving home images of more ripples and granny stripes danced in my head. Ugh! I asked Elliott and he votes another granny stripe. I'm leaning away from the ripple now though, I don't want to burn out on that beautiful pattern. What do you think? Which way should I go? Help me please?! If you have an idea other than granny square or granny stripe I'd love to hear it too! And if I end up picking your suggestion, I'll make you a little treat to say thank you!

Well, anyway, I felt a little bad about going on about the new scrummy blog I found when I've never mentioned much about one of my favorite blogs and blogger friends, Jennifer, over at It's Just Jennifer/silvertears101in1001.blogspot.com. She's SOOOO creative and has three beautiful and spirited little girls. She challenges herself with each new project she takes on. And she even made me a tutorial on a little tunic-y top she made. Well, I say she did it for me because I asked her to and she made one, so I don't know exactly if she did it for me, but I feel super special that she made it. She's a very loyal web friend and always leaves me such sweet comments. She's always having adventures and has a great sense of humor and a super fun blog. So, cheers to you, my friend Jennifer. I'm glad to "know" you! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ripples are fun! I'm wanting to start a granny square blanket myself but don't have proper yarn - I'm jealous of you new stash! But if you are feeling the ripple go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! That just made my day =) Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!