Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Coming Back


(Mabel asleep on her bed for once!)
Good morning! I know it's been awhile, I've just been so worn out lately and can't explain why exactly, but I'm back! I'll try not to make this too much of a downer post but I have something weighing on me.
The other day, Little A and I went to wal-mart after nap and lunch time, just bobbing to the radio and kissing our baby doll named Baby. It wasn't an unusual drive until we got to the stoplight in Basehor (Ks).
A few blocks ahead of us there were flashing lights and an arrow pointed us into the right lane. Traffic slowed and we all looked to our lefts to see the terrible accident. An SUV had been in an awful accident (I'd rather not go into details). I crossed myself, being Catholic it comforts me, and we drove on.
I prayed for those people, whoever they are, and then thought of all the people I knew who might had a car like that. Fortunately for me, no one I knew did, but people I know knew the people. I was in a daze, it rocked me so hard and I didn't even see it happen. Not until almost three miles later when Little A shouted "mama!" at me did I come back. Even then it took me awhile to fully come around.
Seeing something like that or being in your own accident (I've had my unfair share) it makes you realize what really matters to you. To tell you the truth, it's not as much as you might think.
The rest of the day I wasn't thinking of the house, my dogs, dinner, anything that worries my mind daily, I was thinking of Little A, of my husband and how much they mean to me and exactly how much I love them. They're the only things that keep me "coming back." If the world fell down tomorrow it would be ok with me, as long as I had them by my side.
Phew, now I have that off my chest...

(Little A on her new tricycle!)
On a WAY lighter note! I hope everyone had a safe 4th! I know it's a little late. Little A had a great time! Her cousin was scared of the fireworks and wouldn't even come out of the house, but Little A needed a pair of legs to hold on to until the noise was over. She let me hold her while the big stuff at dark was going off, but then she got excited a wanted down. She would arch her back and point out at the lights, "talking" about them with little exclaimations of "neat!" and "cool!" She enjoyed herself for sure!

This morning we found her treasure chest! The vent. She stuffed some crochet stars and her little brown bunny in there and she got pretty pissed off that we took it all out. She loves to take the vent covers off! Lord only knows why!

I've also been very busy craftwise! I made this hat for my friend for her cousin's baby shower.

It didn't take long to make! I plan on making booties and mittens out of the gray and putting white toe nails on them to match the hat, so it'll be a whole little elephant costume! I can't wait to finish it all! I'll take pictures for you all!

This is the granny stripe I've been working on for our anniversary. It is what I call "the man blanket." it's colors are all man. As I've said before, I wish the colors were brighter. My birthday is coming up soon and hopefully I'll be getting some means to buy woman colors for a new blanket.

This is the quilt my friend Megan and I have been working on for the last two or so weeks. Not every day, but we hit it hard when we worked in it.

The floral fabric is stunning, it's so modern and girly.

The back isn't eye catching quilt pattern-wise, but the floral makes up for it.

Lately, at night after Little A goes to sleep, I've been working on this. All the pieces are finally finished so...

A pink praying mantis! Love it!

It's so cute! I don't like real praying manti, because they are so mysterious and creepy! Buy beautiful at the same time! I can't wait to give it to Little A tomorrow! What do you think we should name the mantis?

Well anyway, that's enough crafty goodness. It has been SOO hot out lately! We've been spending a lot of time in the basement where it's nice and cool. Little A actually sat down with daddy in his chair for a good twenty minutes. It's very unusual for her to sit still longer than a minute or two. Needless to say, daddy was quite happy! I was watching the weather an it doesn't look like we're going to get much relief from the heat anytime soon. Looks like we're gonna hit the pool!
I just wanted to tell you all, I recieved some big news Friday, but I can't tell you what it is yet, but it'll be soon! I hope you all have a great week!

Until next time!

P.s. I promise to always post on Wednesdays and this is my way of keeping accountable... Hopefully. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I understand how that can shake you up... I went through something similar not that long ago.

    That elephant hat and praying mantis are the cutest things I've seen in a while! Oh my goodness! The blanket and quilt are great, too. My sister quilts - I have made a (very simple) quilt top over a year ago but haven't found the motivation to actually turn it into an actual quilt yet. =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!