Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Moving On

Hello friends! How are you doing? I'm doing pretty good! This post is coming a week late because of something that happened. I've been struggling writing any kind of post trying to play over it, but I can't. It makes me feel guilty. My grandma passed away on May 27, rather suddenly and unexpectedly. She was just shy of her 80th birthday.


She lived in Texas, same city for 52 years, same city I was born. She's the only grandma I ever knew and regret that we weren't closer. She loved each of her 6 kids, 14 grandkids, and 5 great grandbabies. I'm sad she never got to meet my girls and they her. But that's life you know? I'm happy she's happy now. Well, I assume she's happy, I had a dream just the other night that she was. She wouldn't stop smiling in my dream. I get a lot of my crochet and sewing talent from her. Though she taught me neither, I still get it from her.


Passed to me from her stash was a shoe box full of zippers. I haven't braved into it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.


A shoe box and giant tin (like two shoe boxes side by side) full of buttons. Matching buttons, loose buttons, random buttons. I went through both things of buttons because as you can see the box fell apart when I opened it. It took me two hours. I would assume my grandma never threw any button away. I even found a washer in there which made a giggle. Also, a box of costume jewelry came into Amelia's care from my grandma. The strangest thought passed over me as I watched Amelia play in the "neck-a-nesses", about how my grandma would think it was cute and I should send her a picture. Then I remembered. You assume you have more time with someone but it always passes too fast. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to the funeral, but my sister went and I lived vicariously through her text messages. My mom's doing ok, she's down there cleaning and getting ready to put the house on the market. We're all moving on in our own ways.

Sorry this was sort of a downer post, I just didn't feel right not saying anything. Thanks for listening!

I love you grandma, enjoy yourself now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your grandma! Big hugs from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss! Losing a grandparent- especially so suddenly- is so very hard. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!