Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Goal!

Hello! Hello! What a wonderfully lazy day I've had. I did some hooking earlier today but haven't done much of anything else really. But that's ok! It's actually extra ok because...

It's done! Completely, 100% done! Washed and everything, and cuddled with by everyone, including Mabel, who is the ultimate blanket tester. There has honestly only been one or two blankets that corgi has refused to lay on, not sure why though.

So last Wednesday after I had posted I thought to myself, why can't I get it done by next week? What is stopping me? Well, me, but I decided I wouldn't stop myself and got to it that day while Little A was napping. I set it all up and quilted each row vertically. One row at a time thinking it would be more random that way. I was right. And when Little A got up from her nap she saw it all laid out on the floor and said. "wow!" That little girl has never said wow before.

I got a little daring and did some hearts in the few solid pink squares I had. They're wonky but lovely I think.

I had way less ends to weave in with this quilt versus my nephew's quilt. My nephew's quilt was my first free motion experience but smaller than this quilt. This one is approx. 56x71 inches. But still not big enough for E. Sigh. He always tells me, when it's for me make it bigger than you think it needs to be, and then bigger.

It's perfect for me though! And he can still curl up under it in the chair.

I finished it yesterday morning and threw it in the wash before he saw it. It's actually a great learning tool too! Little A would run over and dance on it every time I spread it out on the floor and I would ask her to find the dogs, bugs, stars, flowers, etc. She would grin when she found what I asked for.

So happy anniversary (which was in July) to my wonderful husband. This is a little token fro me to you to say thank you for all of your hard work, thank you for going to work for Little A, Baby #2, and myself. This is a little piece of hard work from me to you. I sure do love you more than any quilt could really express.

Anyway... The other thing I was hoping to accomplish happened too. With a small set back.

It's the pattern "Contemporary Pinwheel" from the 50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws. A Christmas present for my step-dad, I think I might try to do a version for my dad in Irish flag colors. Yeah, we're Irish. Or maybe like the German flag... We're German too. I have other stuff I need to make first though. Back on track; I got half of the pattern done and assembled when E suggested it was going to be too small. So do I add another two rows to make it longer or just leave it as the pattern says? What do you think? My goal is to have it completed by Thanksgiving. This should leave me plenty of time to complete my other holiday items. I've also started another crochet baby blanket. I'm not sure which baby it's going to go to. I have two cousins expecting, one in May the other in June, and my step-brother's girlfriend is due in May.

Besides all that, Daddy and Little A have been spending much more quality time together lately and it makes me happy. I love watching those two together.

Little A also ran off with a box of cereal the other morning. I caught her while watching Cars with her snack and when she was done she stood up on the blanket chest and threw chex squares to Mabel and Tonka. Oh that girl.

Well any hoot, that's all I've got for today. I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week and have a great weekend!

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Daddies playing with their kids is the best =) I love Monday nights, seeing all three of our girls piled up on the couch with their Daddy before bedtime. Your quilt is great =) Maybe one of these days I'll get the nerve to finish the one I started forever ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow your a go go go girl lately, love the blanket for step dad looks awsome! why dont you show what i get lol. don"t over do yourself girlie girlie or baby will come out looking like a hook lol. jk love you kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Your quilt looks AMAZING. I'm always admiring quilts at the antique stores but never seem to go through with the purchase. Maybe... One day I could make one. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving Tabby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tabby! I don't have your email address... So send me an email at tangledhappy@gmail.com so I can forward your info to Elizabeth. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!