For starters, grab your hook of choice and your yarn of choice to begin.
1) Make a slip knot, place yarn on hook and chain 5. Slip stitch in chain furthest from the hook together to form ring.
2) Chain 3, counts as first double crochet.
Do two more Dc (double crochet) into the ring, then chain two. 3 Dc, chain 2 four more times for a total of 5 Dc clusters and 5 chain two spaces. Slip stitch in the top of the chain 3 to join.
3) Slip stitch in the next two Dc and one slip stitch into the chain two space.
Chain 3, counts as first Dc. Dc two more times, chain two. 3 Dc in same space.
Do NOT chain two, Dc three times in next space. Chain two, three Dc.
Repeat three more times. Total of 10 Dc clusters and 5 chain two spaces, and 5 no chain spaces. Slip stitch in top of chain 3 to join.
4) Slip stitch in the next two Dc and one slip stitch in chain two space. Chain 3, counts as first Dc.
Dc 2 more in same chain two space. Chain two, 3 Dc in same space.
5) Do NOT chain, single crochet (Sc) into the space between the two clusters without a chain space.
6) Do NOT chain. 3 Dc, chain two, 3 Dc again in the chain two space and repeat step 5) and 6) three more times. A total of 10 Dc clusters, 5 chain two spaces, and 5 Sc. Slip stitch into the top of the chain three from the beginning to join. Fasten off and leave a tail for weaving in.
7) Weave in all ends and repeat all steps to make desired amount of stars.
8) Chain 5 with your choice of yarn. Yarn over on your hook as if you were going to do a regular Dc and insert hook into the top of a star through the right side, yarn over and pull through, yarn over, pull through two, yarn over pull through two again. Dc completed. The chain and yarn will slip a little when you Dc in the top of the star but you can do it! It's not impossible, just a little awkward at first.
9) Chain 20-25, or however Manu you desire, and repeat step 8) when you come to each star. Once you've reached your last star and completed step 8), chain 5 and fasten off. Weave in all ends and find a nefty place to hang your beautiful and handmade star garland!
I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and please let me know if you have any questions! Happy hooking!
Until next time!